December 8, 2011

RADvent : Day 5 - Drawing.



Draw your best friend..

At this point in my life, I'm blessed with more than one best friend... In fact, I have slight disdain for the term "best friend" because there is no best. They all bring something amazing to the table. No one is best. They all are.

However, I'm not so blessed with drawing skillz. I'm a doodler. In my notebooks and journals, there are random doodles. Especially when I'm on the phone, I will doodle on anything. But drawing something that actually, well, looks human? No! I was tempted to pull out my acrylics or watercolors... Something I'm much more comfortable using. Yet, that's not really drawing! And after failing to find my nice colored pencils, I wound up with a pencil and the crayons I have for B to use when she comes over. Cheap crayons at that...

So, here are 3 of my "best friends" represented in the only way I knew to draw them... without resorting to stick figures.

Bug, Roo and Jack. My nicknames for three of the besties. I tried to draw another (Emmy) but drawing an Emmy Award wound up looking like something a little indecent to put on my blog!

Though this was my most dreaded task, considering my lack of drawing skills, I wound up truly enjoying it. Bon Iver blaring. Pencil in hand. It was quite calming.

Leave a drawing in a public place...

I drew a little daisy flower with one of my favorite quotes under it and popped it in a library book... Perhaps, one of the ladies who work there will get it and it will make them smile. Or, the next person to check that book out will have it fall in their lap. Who knows... But it makes me wonder if the happy daisy and quote will make someone else smile, too.

No comments: